Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pennsylvania Waterfalls: A Guide For Hikers And Photographers

NULL
Customer Review: Awesome guide to PA Waterfalls
Really well written, beautifully photogaphed, and easy to understand guide, I absolutely love this. He tells you everything you need to know in order to get great shots at significant PA waterfalls. I'm a PA transplant currently living in Atlanta and bought this book for my trip next week. There's tons of falls I've never seen or heard of listed in the guide. I typically go to Ricketts Glenn every time I return home but im going to some of these other spots instead on this trip. BTW, his self portriats are really funny.
Customer Review: Like waterfalls? Buy this book!
Pennsylvania Waterfalls is an excellent book on waterfalls in the Keystone state. While he doesn't cover every known falls in PA, Scott Brown hits almost all of the major, publicly accessible waterfalls. His inclusion of GPS coordinates, maps, and written directions makes them very easy to find (in most cases). His skill as a photographer is readily apparent throughout the entire book, and his insight into the composition of and equipment used for each picture should aid budding photographers. The book is well written, well researched, and covers a subject that's of interest to many but rarely published. I did find a number of mistakes in the GPS coordinates and/or written driving directions to some of the falls, however. As a geocacher, I rely on accurate coordinates to find locations and in one instance I couldn't find the falls mentioned in the book. East Branch falls in Sullivan County wasn't in the location described by the book; it was actually 4/10ths of a mile away. The book's map was accurate but the coordinates and driving directions were not, and I missed out seeing that waterfall when I was in the area since I ran out of time hunting for it. Other falls where I've found the coordinates to be incorrect in the book include Second Falls, Logan Falls, and Seven Tubs. Still, in a book of 50+ falls, a few mistakes are bound to slip through. Unless you're using a GPS to navigate as I do, you'd probably never even notice most of these mistakes. Even with the few errors, this book is extremely valuable for waterfalls hunters. I've added it to my own library, and I'd recommend anyone in the Keystone state with an interest in the magnificent beauty of falling water do the same.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was listen music online with my headphone when I saw beautiful houses in a webside, so I understood costa rica investment opportunities is a great opportunity for me because I always wanted to live in Costa Rica a beautiful country.